2021 course registrations
We are pleased to announce that registrations for 2021 Skills Training courses, scheduled for January through to June, are now opening for registrations to all eligible applicants.
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) is committed to ensuring that participants health and safety is the top priority of running any event, which includes adhering to any local, state, and federal laws, policies and restrictions, both in Australia and New Zealand. Due to the complex evolving nature of these laws and restrictions, RACS may be required to cancel a course at any time leading up to the event.
SET Trainees, SIMGs and participants previously registered to a cancelled course will have a priority window for 2021 course registrations.
Registration release dates:
|SET and SIMGs||18 November 2020|
|Participants previously registered to a cancelled course||25 November 2020|
|All eligible applicants||2 December 2020|
Types of courses
- The Provider course is for first-time participants and is two and a half days in duration.
- The Refresher course is for those who have completed a provider course within the last five to six years and is one and a half days in duration.
- The ADF course runs similarly to a standard provider course and is only available to ADF personnel.
EMST 10th Edition
- Interactive discussions and scenario-based teaching
- More time at new skill stations
- eLearning module including pre-course test and course resources
- Opportunity to network with your peers and local leaders in trauma
- High teacher student ratio (1:2), with a faculty of six to eight trauma experts
- Mentoring: faculty members connect with course participants prior to and throughout the course
- Opportunity to be considered a potential instructor (nominated at course by the faculty)
- The RACS EMST program is recognised internationally for its high quality and provides unique instructor training and support programs to faculty.