COVID-19 update from Skills Training
Due to the developing situation with the COVID-19 pandemic we have cancelled all RACS face-to-face events including courses, forums, and committee meetings through to 31 August 2020.
Registrations for all remaining 2020 courses are currently suspended until further notice.
If you are currently registered in a 2020 course later in 2020, we request you please wait for advice from the College regarding the status of your course. You will be given three months notice as to whether the course will proceed or be cancelled. Any participants registered in a course that is cancelled will receive a full refund of their course fee.
Types of courses
- The Provider course is for first-time participants and is two and a half days in duration.
- The Refresher course is for those who have completed a provider course within the last five to six years and is one and a half days in duration.
- The ADF course runs similarly to a standard provider course and is only available to ADF personnel.
EMST 10th Edition
- Interactive discussions and scenario-based teaching
- More time at new skill stations
- eLearning module including pre-course test and course resources
- Opportunity to network with your peers and local leaders in trauma
- High teacher student ratio (1:2), with a faculty of six to eight trauma experts
- Mentoring: faculty members connect with course participants prior to and throughout the course
- Opportunity to be considered a potential instructor (nominated at course by the faculty)
- The RACS EMST program is recognised internationally for its high quality and provides unique instructor training and support programs to faculty.