Early Management of Severe Trauma (EMST)
The majority of Skills Training courses are now full especially within the ASSET, CCrISP, EMST Provider and TIPS programs.
Please register to the waiting list if your preferred course date is already full. You will be contacted by email if a place becomes available.
The EMST Refresher program still has places available across most courses - Please follow the Register Now link to register and pay for a course. To be eligible to attend the EMST Refresher course, you must have successfully completed an ATLS/EMST course within the last six years.
Please visit the EMST 2023 course schedule (PDF 39.86KB).
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or sign up to the Skills Training mailing list, this group will be notified of all course developments.
Types of courses
- The Provider course is for first-time participants and is two and a half days in duration.
- The Refresher course is for those who have completed a provider course within the last five to six years and is one and a half days in duration.
- The ADF course runs similarly to a standard provider course and is only available to ADF personnel.
EMST 10th Edition
- Interactive discussions and scenario-based teaching
- More time at new skill stations
- eLearning module including pre-course test and course resources
- Opportunity to network with your peers and local leaders in trauma
- High teacher student ratio (1:2), with a faculty of six to eight trauma experts
- Mentoring: faculty members connect with course participants prior to and throughout the course
- Opportunity to be considered a potential instructor (nominated at course by the faculty)
- The RACS EMST program is recognised internationally for its high quality and provides unique instructor training and support programs to faculty.