September 2021 update
The demand for Skills Training courses remains very high, this is due to unavoidable course cancellations throughout 2020 and 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
All 2021 courses are now full and the reserve lists for all 2021 courses are closed. Please visit the EMST course 2021 schedule (PDF 73.45KB) for changes and cancellation update.
Registrations for 2022 course will open later this year, if you would like to be kept up to date with 2022 course information please join the Skills Training mailing list. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) is committed to ensuring that participants health and safety is the top priority of running any event, which includes adhering to any local, state, and federal laws, policies and restrictions, both in Australia and New Zealand. Due to the complex evolving nature of these laws and restrictions, RACS may be required to cancel a course at any time leading up to the event.
Types of courses
- The Provider course is for first-time participants and is two and a half days in duration.
- The Refresher course is for those who have completed a provider course within the last five to six years and is one and a half days in duration.
- The ADF course runs similarly to a standard provider course and is only available to ADF personnel.
EMST 10th Edition
- Interactive discussions and scenario-based teaching
- More time at new skill stations
- eLearning module including pre-course test and course resources
- Opportunity to network with your peers and local leaders in trauma
- High teacher student ratio (1:2), with a faculty of six to eight trauma experts
- Mentoring: faculty members connect with course participants prior to and throughout the course
- Opportunity to be considered a potential instructor (nominated at course by the faculty)
- The RACS EMST program is recognised internationally for its high quality and provides unique instructor training and support programs to faculty.