May 2021 update
We recently experienced technical issues when releasing our registrations for July-December 2021 courses which resulted in a system outage. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. RACS is working toward resolving these issues.
We are aware there is a high demand for Skills Training courses. If you would like to be added to a reserve list place, please visit the (PDF 81.54KB)EMST 2021 courseschedule (PDF 73.75KB) and email Skills.Courses@surgeons.org with the following information:
- Full name
- RACS ID
- Graduation date/PGY level
- Which course (including course code, nominate up to six course codes)
You will receive confirmation from a RACS staff member when you have been added to a reserve list place. Please allow up to 10 working days for a response.
Thank you for your patience.
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) is committed to ensuring that participants health and safety is the top priority of running any event, which includes adhering to any local, state, and federal laws, policies and restrictions, both in Australia and New Zealand. Due to the complex evolving nature of these laws and restrictions, RACS may be required to cancel a course at any time leading up to the event.
Types of courses
- The Provider course is for first-time participants and is two and a half days in duration.
- The Refresher course is for those who have completed a provider course within the last five to six years and is one and a half days in duration.
- The ADF course runs similarly to a standard provider course and is only available to ADF personnel.
EMST 10th Edition
- Interactive discussions and scenario-based teaching
- More time at new skill stations
- eLearning module including pre-course test and course resources
- Opportunity to network with your peers and local leaders in trauma
- High teacher student ratio (1:2), with a faculty of six to eight trauma experts
- Mentoring: faculty members connect with course participants prior to and throughout the course
- Opportunity to be considered a potential instructor (nominated at course by the faculty)
- The RACS EMST program is recognised internationally for its high quality and provides unique instructor training and support programs to faculty.