The demand for the Skills Training courses remains very high, this is due to course cancellations throughout 2020 and 2021 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We invite you to express interest for 2022 courses
- To submit your EOI please email six course choices to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Full name
- RACS ID
- Graduation date/PGY level
- Which course (including course code, nominate up to six course codes)
- You can view the EMST 2022 course schedule (PDF 73.45KB). You will receive confirmation from a RACS staff member when you have been added to a reserve list place. Please allow up to 5 working days for a response
We apologise that due to system limitations we are unable to provide registration links at this time.
Please note due to the complexities presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, RACS strongly recommends all applicants to attend a local course where possible. Some regions are limited on course offerings and when required RACS will prioritise local attendees in these regions. Please note RACS will contact an applicant to discuss their course place if registered to a course outside their region, and the applicant will be asked to withdraw from the course.
If you would like to be kept up to date with 2022 course information please join the Skills Training Mailing List.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) is committed to ensuring that participants health and safety is the top priority of running any event, which includes adhering to any local, state, and federal laws, policies and restrictions, both in Australia and New Zealand. Due to the complex evolving nature of these laws and restrictions, RACS may be required to cancel a course at any time leading up to the event.
Types of courses
- The Provider course is for first-time participants and is two and a half days in duration.
- The Refresher course is for those who have completed a provider course within the last five to six years and is one and a half days in duration.
- The ADF course runs similarly to a standard provider course and is only available to ADF personnel.
EMST 10th Edition
- Interactive discussions and scenario-based teaching
- More time at new skill stations
- eLearning module including pre-course test and course resources
- Opportunity to network with your peers and local leaders in trauma
- High teacher student ratio (1:2), with a faculty of six to eight trauma experts
- Mentoring: faculty members connect with course participants prior to and throughout the course
- Opportunity to be considered a potential instructor (nominated at course by the faculty)
- The RACS EMST program is recognised internationally for its high quality and provides unique instructor training and support programs to faculty.