2021 course registrations
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) is committed to ensuring that participants health and safety is the top priority of running any event, which includes adhering to any local, state, and federal laws, policies and restrictions, both in Australia and New Zealand. Due to the complex evolving nature of these laws and restrictions, RACS may be required to cancel a course at any time leading up to the event.
Phase 1: Registration release dates (January-June 2021 courses)
|SET and SIMGs||18 November 2020|
|Participants previously registered to a cancelled course||25 November 2020|
|All eligible applicants||2 December 2020|
Phase 2: Registration release dates (July-December 2021 courses)
|SET and SIMGs||21 April 2021|
|All eligible applicants||28 April 2021|
Types of courses
- The Provider course is for first-time participants and is two and a half days in duration.
- The Refresher course is for those who have completed a provider course within the last five to six years and is one and a half days in duration.
- The ADF course runs similarly to a standard provider course and is only available to ADF personnel.
EMST 10th Edition
- Interactive discussions and scenario-based teaching
- More time at new skill stations
- eLearning module including pre-course test and course resources
- Opportunity to network with your peers and local leaders in trauma
- High teacher student ratio (1:2), with a faculty of six to eight trauma experts
- Mentoring: faculty members connect with course participants prior to and throughout the course
- Opportunity to be considered a potential instructor (nominated at course by the faculty)
- The RACS EMST program is recognised internationally for its high quality and provides unique instructor training and support programs to faculty.