The demand for the Skills Training courses remains very high, this is due to course cancellations throughout 2020 and 2021 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We invite you to express interest for 2022 courses
- To submit your EOI please email six course choices to email@example.com with the following information:
- Full name
- RACS ID
- Graduation date/PGY level
- Which course (including course code, nominate up to six course codes)
- You can view the TIPS 2022 course schedule (PDF 81.17KB). You will receive confirmation from a RACS staff member when you have been added to a reserve list place. Please allow up to 5 working days for a response
We apologise that due to system limitations we are unable to provide registration links at this time.
Please note due to the complexities presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, RACS strongly recommends all applicants to attend a local course where possible. Some regions are limited on course offerings and when required RACS will prioritise local attendees in these regions. Please note RACS will contact an applicant to discuss their course place if registered to a course outside their region, and the applicant will be asked to withdraw from the course.
If you would like to be kept up to date with 2022 course information please join the Skills Training Mailing List.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) is committed to ensuring that participants health and safety is the top priority of running any event, which includes adhering to any local, state, and federal laws, policies and restrictions, both in Australia and New Zealand. Due to the complex evolving nature of these laws and restrictions, RACS may be required to cancel a course at any time leading up to the event.
The TIPS course is evidence-based and designed to support emerging surgeons to communicate effectively and contribute to quality surgical care and patient outcomes.
TIPS Edition 2
The TIPS Committee is excited to announce the launch of the 2nd Edition in 2020.
For an outline of the two day course please view the TIPS course program (PDF 409.4KB).
- Updated curriculum and new scenario
- New series of Human Factors eLearning modules including knowledge checks and videos
- Increased interactivity in lectures.