On this page
Are you interested in delivering outstanding training and workshops that engage participants and meet the learning objectives of our members?
Professional development activities provide valuable opportunities for Fellows and others to expand knowledge and gain new skills.
They also help surgeons share ideas and experiences with their peers. Facilitating on professional development activities is a rewarding opportunity to keep up-to-date and network with like minded professionals, while giving back to the healthcare system.
About professional development at RACS
The RACS professional development activities focus on the non-technical aspects of competence relevant to all surgical specialties. These include communication, collaboration, management and leadership, health advocacy, scholarship and teaching, and professionalism. This is in addition to those that relate to the more technical roles of a surgeon, such as medical expertise, technical expertise and clinical decision making.
Benefits of becoming a facilitator
- Sharing your knowledge with like-minded professionals
- Contributing to the quality improvement and review of professional development programming
- The opportunity to enhance your own facilitation skills
- Keeping abreast of the latest development in surgical education
- Contributing to the future development of the surgical community
- Claiming Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points (one point per hour)
- Becoming part of a collegiate faculty group
Register your interest
Email RACS Professional Development or phone us at +61 3 9276 7440. A course coordinator will discuss with you the minimum eligibility criteria for individual courses.
RACS will reimburse all expenditure incurred for travel and accommodation as outlined in the RACS travel policies.