On this page
Oral and poster presentations
Subsequently, those submissions that have been selected for presentation will receive invitations to present orally via Zoom on Tuesday, 24th of October 2023.
Submissions for 2023 have now closed.
Please direct any enquiries to email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in these events and look forward to meeting you at one of the webinars.
Abstract submission guidelines
The following prizes will be awarded and presented at the 2023 Surgeons Evening and G.J Royal Lecture in November.
- D R Leslie Prize: awarded to the best clinical paper presented by a Victorian based registered Surgical Trainee.
- R C Bennett Prize: awarded to the best laboratory based research paper submitted by either a Victorian based medical student, unaccredited registrar, or accredited trainee.
- DCAS Scholarship: awarded to Victorian medical students whose paper demonstrates a real interest and potential in academic surgery, and who will most benefit from attending the DCAS course.
- Medical Student Prize: the best presentation by a Victorian medical student.
- Best Poster Prize: awarded to the poster submission judged best for presentation.
Thank you to our official sponsor of the 2023 Victorian Scientific Research Awards - Avant.
As an industry partner, their invaluable support enables the Victorian State Committee to deliver these awards and encourage excellence in research in Surgery.
2022 Award recipients
Watch a past presentation
Want to view the online presentations and support our medical students, young doctors and SIMGs?
Watch a webinar below: