On this page
Oral and poster presentations
Dates and times for presentations will be distributed to those who are offered the opportunity to present orally late in September.
Programs will also be made available late September.
Abstract submission guidelines
The following prizes will be awarded and presented at the G.J Royal Lecture to be held on the 15th of November, 2022.
- D R Leslie Prize: awarded to the best clinical paper presented by a Victorian based registered Surgical Trainee.
WINNERS: Michael Flood (2021) Janindu Goonawardena (2020)
- R C Bennett Prize: awarded to the best laboratory based research paper submitted by either a Victorian based medical student, unaccredited registrar, or accredited trainee.
WINNERS: Daniel Cox (2021) Balakavitha Pillai (2020)
- DCAS Scholarship: awarded to Victorian medical students whose paper demonstrates a real interest and potential in academic surgery, and who will most benefit from attending the DCAS course.
WINNERS: Henry Shen (2021) Balakavitha Pillai (2020)
- Medical Student Prize: the best presentation by a Victorian medical student.
WINNERS: Nicholas Sclavos (2021) Casey Fung (2020)
- Best Poster Prize: awarded to the poster submission judged best for presentation.
(Not awarded in 2020/2021).
Watch a past presentation
Want to view the online presentations and support our medical students, young doctors and SIMGs?
Watch a webinar below: