On this page
Oral and poster presentations
Dates and times for presentations will be distributed to those who are offered the opportunity to present orally in September.
Programs will also be made available in September.
Submissions for 2023 are now open here. Please read the abstract submission guidelines before submitting your research.
Submissions will close 13 August, 2023.
Please direct any enquiries to email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in these events and look forward to meeting you at one of the webinars.
Abstract submission guidelines
The following prizes will be awarded and presented at the 2023 Surgeons Evening and G.J Royal Lecture in November.
- D R Leslie Prize: awarded to the best clinical paper presented by a Victorian based registered Surgical Trainee.
- R C Bennett Prize: awarded to the best laboratory based research paper submitted by either a Victorian based medical student, unaccredited registrar, or accredited trainee.
- DCAS Scholarship: awarded to Victorian medical students whose paper demonstrates a real interest and potential in academic surgery, and who will most benefit from attending the DCAS course.
- Medical Student Prize: the best presentation by a Victorian medical student.
- Best Poster Prize: awarded to the poster submission judged best for presentation.
2022 Award recipients
Watch a past presentation
Want to view the online presentations and support our medical students, young doctors and SIMGs?
Watch a webinar below: