New events will be posted here.
Summer Webinar Series 2020 to 2021: "Improving patient care with data Multiagency Victorian experience"
VASM Webinar 3 on 3 February 2021 on "Healthcare perspective on using audit data for hospital accreditation." Download survey (PDF 778.11KB) report.
- Associate Professor Philip McCahy, Opening address and Acknowledge Country
- Dr Robert Herkes, Focus on improving patient care in hospitals
- Dr David Rankin, Bridging the data divide: Between data scientist and clinicians
- Mr Matthew Hadfield, Using VASM for Quality & Safety Standards: a regional health care perspective
- 3 February 2021 Panel Discussion
- Dr Mariolyn Raj, Opening address and Acknowledge Country
- Associate Professor Philip McCahy, VASM’s dual role as an advocate for RACS and auxiliary arm with SCV Introduce VPCC and VAHI
- Ms Mary Manescu, Overview of VAHI’s approach to reporting on safety and quality improvements
- Ms Paula Wilton, Update on core programs: CQRs, PROs, VHIMS
- Ms Adina Hamilton, VAHI Mortality reporting
- Professor David Watters, VPCC Promoting the best perioperative care before, during and after surgery
- 16 December 2020 Panel Discussion
VASM Webinar 1 on 2 December 2020 on "Clinician’s professional development applied in clinical practice." Download survey (PDF 511.72KB)report.
- Dr Patrick Lo, Opening address and Acknowledge Country
- Associate Professor Philip McCahy, Meaningful use of the VASM data in professional development
- Professor Guy Maddern, Expectations of our surgical clinicians participating in RACS RAAS activities
- Professor Erwin Loh, How does RACMA collaborate with VASM?
- Mr Ian Faragher, How did surgical mortality audit data influence my practice? (presentation not available)
- 2 December 2020 Panel Discussion
- Ms Sally Rayner, The value of investing in the health care sector.
- Professor Stephen Duckett, What would it take to improve further surgical care.
- Ms Louise McKinlay, Better and safer surgical care.
- Dr Lance Emerson, Channelling data for better patient care.
- Professor David Watters, Benefits of multidisciplinary review (PDF 1.61MB).
- Coroner Audrey Jamieson, Coroner’s perspective on poor surgical outcomes (presentation not available)
- Associate Professor Phillip McCahy, Changing how we think about surgical reviews.
- Ms Emma Turner, Poor surgical outcomes and disciplinary proceedings.
- Professor Susannah Ahern, Qualified Privilege and balancing patient safety.
- Ms Charlotte Mills, Fundamentals in patient safety.
VASM Workshop on 11 October 2019 on "When cancer surgery goes wrong". Download survey report (PDF 67.84KB).
- Dr Janet Chapman, Opening address (PDF 685.58KB).
- Associate Professor Philip McCahy and Ms Claudia Retegan, About VASM (PDF 1.49MB).
- Dr David Robinson and Ms Lisa Ochiel, CHASM in New South Wales (PDF 456.97KB).
- Dr David Robinson, CHASM: The NSW Collaborating Hospitals’ Audit of Surgical Mortality (PDF 232.91KB).
- Associate Professor Philip McCahy, Lessons learnt from the VASM Audit (PDF 469.53KB).
VASM Seminar on 20 February 2019 on "Surgical Safety 'how to engage wholly' for success". Download survey report (PDF 88.4KB)
- Professor Stephen Bolsin, Transparency and Risk.
- Associate Professor Philip McCahy, VASM Vision.
- Dr Darren Harris, Aspex Consulting.
- Mr Nathan Farrow, Whole system approach.
- Professor David Watters, Multidisciplinary perioperative mortality and morbidity review .
- Dr John Ballie, Surgical manslaughter (presentation not available).
- Mr Michael Gorton, Legal issues for surgical audit.
- Professor David Ranson, Engaging with the Coroner.
- Ms Sarah McPherson, Surgical errors insurance burden.
- Dr Jordan Cory, What considerations are given to the Indigenous community.
VASM Workshop on 19 October 2018 on "Lessons learnt from the VASM audit". Download survey report (PDF 50.16KB)
- Associate Professor Philip McCahy, Lessons learnt from the VASM audit: Peer review assessment (PDF 692.38KB)
- Dr Miranda Cornelissen, Human factors and system safety in the surgical arena (PDF 991.72KB)
- Mr Michael Gorton, Legal implications of the VASM peer review process (PDF 92.98KB)
VASM Workshop on 05 September 2018 on "Can the VASM audit improve patient outcomes? - A regional perspective."
- Ms Claudia Retegan, An overview of the VASM audit (PDF 1.16MB)
- Mr Philip McCahy, From sad to bad patient journeys (PDF 1.45MB)
- Ms Glenda Gorrie, Quality and safety improvement in healthcare (PDF 142.51KB)
- Mr Peter Burke, A regional perspective to improve patient outcomes (PDF 5.26MB)
VASM TASM Seminar on 12 July 2018 on "Unexpected death - What now?" Download survey report (PDF 48.38KB).
VASM Seminar on 14 February 2018, "The journey to Target Zero - tools to address critical areas that require improvement." Download survey report (PDF 60.96KB).
VASM Workshop on 27 September 2017, "Fellows Interface Workshop." Download report (PDF 28.81KB).
VASM AHRDMA Annual Scientific Meeting on 16 June 2017, "Knowledge-based sharing in the health industry." Download survey report (PDF 51.52KB).
VASM Seminar on 21 February 2017, "Can registries and audits improve patient outcomes?" Download survey report (PDF 49.26KB).