On this page
TMP 3C - Release Notes
TMP 3C release is introducing the following changes and updates
- Multi-source feedback
- Trainee Transcript report
- EPA-related WBA security update for Trainers
- Hospital Post Evaluation for Supervisor
- TMP Email notifications 1
- Portal improvements
We have been working hard to introduce Multi-source feedback to TMP for a while. After a few detours, we are finally introducing Multi-source feedback (MSF) to TMP
Trainee, Supervisor will be able to access Multi-source feedback (MSF) assessment from the Trainee Requirements page.
A Multi-source Feedback page can be accessed here
Once opened the Multi-source feedback page presents with role-specific information and actions
A Trainee needs to
- Complete a self-assessment
- Add name, email address and role of participants. The participants will receive an email to assess the Trainee. No login is required to complete this task
- All data collected via the process is anonymised and the Trainee/Supervisor are not able to view which response has come from which participant
- Can view the number of participants responded
- Areas of development and Areas of excellence as added by the participants
- The supervisor is able to moderate these comments if required or control visibility is deemed inappropriate.
Once reviewed the Supervisor can allow the Trainee to view the final report and both Supervisor and Trainee should take part in an MSF review meeting to complete the rest of the procedure
During the Multi-source feedback review meeting
- The Trainee needs to add a reflection after reviewing the final report with their supervisor
- The Supervisor needs to add their comments about the Trainee and add an outcome of the assessment
There are email notifications related to Multi-source feedback and other assessments listed in Email Notification related section below
Once the process is completed the Multi-source feedback report collates all the information.
Trainee Transcript report
TMP now will support creating Trainee Transcript report. At this point a Trainee can request a Transcript report using TMP helpdesk. In future release, the capability to access the report directly from TMP portal will be added.
EPA-related WBA security update for Trainers
TMP release 3C also enables Trainers to review all WBAs connected to an EPA irrespective of whether they were the Trainer to that WBA or not.
EPAs are now aligned with Multi-site Supervisor Trainer feature introduced in Release 3A. Trainee EPAs are now accessible once a Supervisor/Trainer has selected a hospital after login.
Hospital Post Evaluation for Supervisor
There is now a process in order for a Training Manager/ Executive Officer to conduct an evaluation of a hopital post - this will now be generated through TMP.
TMP Email Notifications 3C
- Requirement due date reminders - assessments
- Trainer assignment notification email - when a Trainee adds a Trainer - auto approval
- Trainer removal notification for Trainee and Trainer - when a Trainer is either removed or removes themselves from a requirement
- Trainee notification when an ad-hoc requirement is added to Trainee
- Trainee rotation reminder - based on the rotation start date
- Rotation outcome email - when rotation outcome is added
TMP Email Notifications 3C - Multi-source Feedback specific
- Reminder to Trainee to send MSF invitation
- Reminder to add response and self-assessment
- Trainee /Supervisor email notification to request discussion after receiving responses
- Supervisor approval for Trainee to review MSF report
- MSF Participant response reminder
Add new requirement
In this release, we are simplifying the Add New Requirement workflow on the portal. Selecting Add new Requirement on the Trainee Requirement page will simply open a list of Requirement types to choose from. Selecting a requirement type will add a new requirement of the selected type for the selected trainee.
Other portal improvements
- Skip the Submitted to Assessor status for assessors
- Introduce Trainee Column in Trainer Request table and auto-populate it for existing records
- Hide inactive records from view - portal and TMP app
TMP 3A - Release Notes
TMP 3A release is introducing the following changes and updates
Multi-site Supervisor / Trainer
Support for Supervisor/ Trainer working in multiple hospitals. TMP will request the Supervisor or Trainer to select an associated hospital to present relevant trainee information.
On selection of a hospital and role Trainee Requirements page will open with the list of connected Trainees from that hospital.
- The supervisor will either be connected to the Trainee as a Supervisor for the rotation in progress,
- The Trainer is connected to the Trainee via Trainee Requirement
- The Change button will allow the Supervisor/ Trainer to change the hospital selected
Selecting a Trainee on this page opens the Trainee Requirements divided based when the Requirement is due.
- Due by Current Rotation
- Due by Current SET
- Due Later
The Trainee Requirement page above
- Presents Trainee Requirement’s Due date, Status and Outcome
- Clearly shows the Current Trainee information on top of the page
- Allows changing the currently selected Trainee by using the Other Trainee button
- Trainee Rotation Progress and Trainee Research is only available for Supervisors at the bottom of the page
- Trainee Research will be relocated and updated to a separate page in 2023
- Overdue Tasks page will present only the Overdue Tasks a Trainer and Supervisor needs to completeOverdue Tasks replaces the current My Task page with in-progress tasks needs completion
A Trainer will also be able to view all the Trainees in the selected hospital. Select and assign any Not Started Trainee Requirements they want to help the Trainee with.
Trainers will be able to view and remove Trainer Requests from the Trainer Request page
Trainee EPA has not been updated with Multi-site Supervisor/ Trainer security changes. This is under development and will be released in coming months. Trainee EPAs will work as it currently does.
Ability to select Trainers from Secondary Hospital
A secondary Hospital can now be added to a Trainee Requirement.
After the Trainee Requirement is saved, the Assign Trainer popup allows selecting a Trainer from the secondary hospital by changing the hospital selector
- Trainee able to select Trainers from Secondary Hospital
- Automatically approve Trainer requests
- Enable Trainers to view all trainees in the hospital to collaborate with
- Enable Trainer to assign themselves to Not Started Trainee Requirements
- Hide the Assessment Form section if there is no form associated with the selected requirement
- Clear the Trainer field for Removed Trainer Requests and remove the Pending Trainer Requests view
- Hide the "Request Trainer/Assign Trainer" button on the Trainee Requirement page when Status is beyond "In-Progress"
- Rename "Trainee Progress" to "Trainee Requirement" in Portal For Supervisor and Trainer
Forms for 2023
The following forms are new or reworked in release 3A
- Paediatric Surgery - Mid SET assessment
- Cardiothoracic Surgery - DOPS Resternotomy
- Cardiothoracic Surgery - Trainee Evaluation rework