The College has a wonderful collection of the following, most of which require specialised care and storage:
- antique surgical instruments
The Heritage and Archives Committee was established to ensure that this collection of historical and heritage items were managed for the benefit of all members of the College.
The main aim of the Heritage and Archives Committee is the management of tangible and intangible aspects of the College that have heritage or historical value.
The committee's duties and responsibilities include:
- identifying heritage/historical areas requiring policy development
- developing strategies for the areas identified
- liaising with other College bodies to ensure a coordinated and cohesive approach
- providing background information for management from the body of knowledge within the committee
- periodically reviewing strategy and policy and ensure quality assurance processes are in place.
Heritage and Archives Committee Secretariat
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
250-290 Spring Street
East Melbourne VIC 3002 Australia
Telephone: +61 3 9249 1220
Fax: +61 3 9249 1219