The Investment Committee was established to manage the College investments in a strategic and proactive manner. Its aim is to provide for the management and administrative related activities for the College investment portfolios.
The objectives of the committee are:
- ensure that all investment funds of the College are aggregated for investment purposes;
- ensure investments are confined to listed securities on either the Australian or major international stock exchange and fixed interest investments. Fixed interest investments may include deposits or bills with a major Australian or international bank or commercial paper of at least A+ standard or Government securities;
- monitor the performance of the external managers and to have the authority to change the managers as they consider appropriate and to change the quantum of funds allocated to particular managers;
- recommend to Council the appropriate asset allocation mix of investments to achieve the College objectives relating to investments;
- provide to the Council or Executive Committee of Council regular reports relating to all College investments and the performance relevant to approved benchmarks;
- ensure that all transactions are reported to the next meeting of Council or Executive for ratification.
Investment Committee Secretariat
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
250-290 Spring Street
East Melbourne VIC 3002 Australia
Telephone: +61 3 9249 1220
Fax: +61 3 9249 1219