May 2021 update
We recently experienced technical issues when releasing our registrations for July-December 2021 courses which resulted in a system outage. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. RACS is working toward resolving these issues.
We are aware there is a high demand for Skills Training courses. If you would like to be added to a reserve list place, please visit the CLEAR 2021 courseschedule (PDF 79.08KB) and email Skills.Courses@surgeons.org with the following information:
- Full name
- RACS ID
- Graduation date/PGY level
- Which course (including course code, nominate up to six course codes)
You will receive confirmation from a RACS staff member when you have been added to a reserve list place. Please allow up to 10 working days for a response.
Thank you for your patience.
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) is committed to ensuring that participants health and safety is the top priority of running any event, which includes adhering to any local, state, and federal laws, policies and restrictions, both in Australia and New Zealand. Due to the complex evolving nature of these laws and restrictions, RACS may be required to cancel a course at any time leading up to the event.
Type of course
- The Provider course is for medical graduates or senior, and is two days in duration.
CLEAR 2nd Edition
The CLEAR Committee is excited to announce the launch of the 2nd Edition in September 2019.
For an outline of the new two day course please view the CLEAR provider course program (PDF 48.6KB).
- updated curriculum including new topics relevant to current practice
- eLearning module including knowledge checks and course resources
- increased interactivity and fewer didactic lectures.
- opportunity to network with your peers
- access to expert faculty; local leaders in surgical research and epidemiology
- mentoring: faculty members connect with course participants prior to and throughout the course
- opportunity to be considered a potential instructor (nominated at course by the faculty).