Our ACT office is governed by an elected committee with a focus on the interests of ACT members and advocates on issues effecting ACT surgeons and surgery.
We offer our members:
• a local link to RACS activities and resources
• assistance related to surgical standards in the ACT
• representation to ACT Government and statutory agencies regarding issues of importance to surgeons and surgery in the ACT
• education and networking events including the Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
• links to other medical colleges i.e. ANZCA
• continuing professional development opportunities
• meeting venue and support for activities
• a monthly ACT newsletter
We offer trainees:
• a local resource point for basic and advanced training programs (the office coordinates some programs)
Australian Capital Territory workforce data
Active RACS Fellows by location published in July 2022
A Fellow is considered active if they are currently involved in any aspect of surgical activity that involves the use of surgical skills or knowledge gained through their surgical training. This extends to and is not exclusive of medico-legal work, research or supervision of Trainees and Specialist International Medical Graduates.