We offer the following for members:
- local link to RACS activities and resources
- assistance with matters relating to surgical standards
- representation to the Tasmanian Government and statutory agencies on matters of importance to surgeons and surgery in Tasmania
- links to other medical organisations (e.g. Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency)
- payment point for accounts/reimbursement of expenses
- a regular newsletter.
- Information on, and a local resource point for basic and advanced training programs (the office coordinates the administration of some of the programs).
Tasmanian workforce data
A Fellow is considered active if they are currently involved in any aspect of surgical activity that involves the use of surgical skills or knowledge gained through their surgical training. This extends to and is not exclusive of medico-legal work, research or supervision of Trainees and Specialist International Medical Graduates (SIMGs).