ANZ Chapter of the American College of Surgeons
The objectives of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) are to:
- elevate standards of surgery;
- establish standards of competency and character;
- educate public and professionals on training in surgery.
The Chapter allows a strong link between the colleges in promoting the care of surgical patients.
The Chapter in conjunction with the ACS funds the following:
- An annual travelling fellowship for a young American surgeon to visit the Annual Scientific Congress (ASC).
- The Hugh Johnston ANZ ACS Travelling Scholarship for RACS Younger Fellows.
- The John Buckingham Travelling Fellowship for RACS trainees.
- The annual "Surgical Forum" at the RACS Annual Scientific Congress in May - Selected abstracts are presented during the Forum. The winner will be funded to present at the Owen Wagensteen Surgical Forum at the ACS Clinical Congress in October.
- The Annual Business Meeting of the Chapter and Lunch at the RACS Annual Scientific Congress.
- A networking reception for all Australian and New Zealand Fellows at the ACS Clinical Congress
- A prize at the November Surgical Research Society's annual meeting.
- Allowing the Chapter President to attend the Annual Clinical Congress of the ACS.
Chapter membership enquiries
Chapter membership of the ANZ Chapter is available to Fellows of the American College who reside in Australia or New Zealand. Trainees of RACS intending on gaining ACS Fellowship in the future are also encouraged to join.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please forward your details to the Secretariat.
Refer to the ANZ Chapter of the American College of Surgeons and the College -Relationship Agreement andTerms of Reference (PDF 124.92KB).
Chapter President/Governor - Professor Andrew Hill FRACS
ANZ Chapter of the American College of Surgeons Secretariat
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
250-290 Spring Street
East Melbourne VIC 3002 Australia
Telephone: +61 3 9249 1259
Fax: +61 3 9276 7432