In This Section
The RACS Trauma Committee and its sub-committees have a long history of development and activity in trauma prevention and the management of trauma patients.
The Trauma Committee's work includes:
- being integral to RACS’ advocacy efforts to improve road safety and prevent and mitigate trauma-related injury
- advising on trauma training and education for all surgeons
- convening the Trauma Program at the Annual Scientific Congress
- overseeing the Trauma Verification Program, a multi-disciplinary inter-collegiate process to assist hospitals to analyse their systems of trauma care
- convening ‘Trauma Week’ – an annual event, usually in Melbourne, incorporating meetings of the Trauma Committee and its sub-committees and a symposium or workshop on aspects of trauma management and/or prevention.
- Encourage and support the development of trauma registries bi-nationally. Please see Statement of Support (PDF 70.29KB)
The Trauma Committee is divided into the following sub-committees:
- Road Trauma Advisory Sub-committee (Chair: Jodie-Kate Williams)
- Definitive Surgical Trauma Care (DSTC) Sub-committee (Chair: Scott D'Amours)
- Trauma Verification Sub-committee (Chair: Zsolt Balogh)
- Trauma Quality Improvement Sub-committee (Chair: Grant Christey)
The Trauma Committee reports to the Professional Standards Committee.
Executive Committee Chair – Dr John Crozier FRACS