The Military Section aims to:
- promote the study of all aspects of military surgery, to foster interest in the significance of present and past surgical and anaesthetic practice in this field, and to encourage interest in the care of the injured on Service;
- maintain a close association with the History, Heritage and Archives Section, to ensure that the historical material of the RACS in this field is used to the best advantage of all Fellows;
- promote and encourage Fellows and Trainees to enlist in the Defence Forces of our two countries, to provide the surgical component of our Defence Force Health elements with the objective of supplying high quality surgical care to the personnel in our Defence Forces;
- develop productive relationships with all surgical specialties, particularly in relation to Trauma Surgery and surgical outreach, and
- foster universal support to the veteran communities of Aotearoa New Zealand and Australia with an emphasis on surgery.
Education programs at the Annual Scientific Congress.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please forward your details to the Secretariat.
The Section is governed by a Committee as per the Sections Terms of Reference (PDF 177.86KB) reporting to the RACS Fellowship Services Committee.
Dr Kyle Bender FRACS - Committee Chair (NSW)
Dr Marianne Lill - Deputy Chair (AoNZ)
Dr Daniel Chan - Committee member (NSW)
Assoc. Prof Andrew Davidson - Committee member (Vic)
Dr Teong Lip Chuah - Committee member (Qld)
Assoc. Prof Patrick Weinrauch - Committee member (AoNZ)
Dr Chris Hoffman - Committee member (AoNZ - ASC 2024 Co-Convener)
Dr David Kieser - Committee member (AoNZ - ASC 2024 Co-Convener)
Dr Burton King - Committee member (AoNZ - ASC 2024 Co-Convener)